As a part of the show program of (TI 7) The International 2017 Valve presented their new game - Artifact.
The crowd was exited until the last part of the Teaser that says: Artifact - THE DOTA CARD GAME
After showing the Teaser on stage the Host of the event Day said a bit about the concept of the game.
According to him, Artifact is a 1v1 game, similar to Hearthstone, but with three lines and other details from Dota 2.
If you’ve played previous trading card games, it has a lot of similarities in terms of having creatures and spells that you cast onto the board but in this game, anything you see in Dota, it’s here.
- Here is summary of everything Day said about the game:
- There are three game boards that represent the lanes.
- You control 5 heroes, just like DotA.
- You can equip item cards on to the Heroes that you buy with gold.
- There are creeps that spawn every turn.
- You can play creature cards.
- You can play spells.
- Some cards are cast on the lane and have persistent effects on that lane.
- Each Hero has abilities like their DotA counterparts. ("You can cast track on a Hero as Bounty Hunter and get extra Gold.")